Friday, September 02, 2005

So, a new day. My very last day at OSC, actually, and I'm feeling very strange about it.

Last night was weird, too. I was starting to actually believe I'm leaving in a week's time (less than that now) and it hit me really hard. I watched some 'Coupling' with my parents, and then dealt with some digital photos. A few friends were online, so I talked to them for a bit, and I guess everyone is feeling odd about how much life is shifting. I got back from BC and most of my friends had already left for university again, and I felt saddened, because this means it's an entire year, potentially more, until I see their faces again.

This is compounded by the fact I finally heard back from a close friend who's already in Japan. It's been sort of tough to get in contact with him, because he's very busy working and getting settled. I'm petrified right now, because I don't know anything really. What my apartment will look like, who my coworkers will be, how my city will feel, how I'm going to manage to get drinking water back to the apartment, if training week will be unbearably exhausting... You know how these things can be, I guess. Very uncertain. It's just going to be a period of adjustment. I'm hoping I'm well-rested and emotionally stable by the end of this week... by today, really, so that I'm able to deal with it reasonably. Fatigue always makes me emotional, which is probably why I was feeling so down last night.

As a marker for myself, gas prices today hit 1.33(9). My dad is ecstatic, which sets him apart. He's been waiting for some kind of crisis to make people wake up a little and realize that the supply of fuel is not without limit, and that pretty soon, it's going to be an actual luxury to drive something as unnecessary and disgusting as a hummer or SUV. I wonder what the peak price will be?

More to follow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home