Sunday, October 30, 2005

Hello all. I took the day to organize my digital photos, and sort out my blog a bit. I signed up for a photo website. I could've got yahoo photo but I picked a service that's prettier. I know it's a hassle to sign up for things, but this one has phenomenal photos posted on it. I've had it only a little while, and I've found tons of great photos. The ones from the Keeshond lady are especially nice. I really miss my dog!!

Last night, Ray and I went to Murphy's Irish Pub for their Hallowe'en Party. Drinks here are expensive! Beers are 650 yen (so like $6.70) and mixed drinks are 900 yen ($9.30). Shocking, really. Oh well, I barely ever touch alcohol here so it's not like I spend much on that sort of thing. I eat out fairly often, but I figure I spent much less than someone who goes out partying a lot. There's not usually any partying to be done in Akashi, anyway.

Anyways, Murphy's was fun. We arrived at about 9:30pm. I got to meet the new ET (emergency teacher) who's teaching at Akashi on Saturdays, for Mie, whose last day was yesterday. His name is John, he's from Florida and he's 22. He seemed nice enough. Sat and talked to him, and Michael and Chai, the guy I replaced. (Who was dressed in a wife beater, white shirt, black pants, and... *wait for it* silver glove. Oh yeah, he WAS M.J.)

I came as a devil, as is clear *I think* from the photo. It was a good evening. We danced upstairs in Kinsale, the French restaurant. Ray and I got hungry around 2am. I handed off my horns and fork to John, for safekeeping, and Ray and I headed to Yoshinoya. (24 hour!) Had some beef and rice, yummy, and cheap, and headed back but everyone had taken off for, we assume, karaoke or a dance club. Ray and I decided to head home, as well. Got there, and watched some Scrubs, world's BEST show, I can't get enough of Scrubs. http://scrubs-tv.com/ Favourite characters: Dr. Cox, J.D. and Janitor. Hands-down. I can't wait until my mom brings the Second Season!!!

In terms of Christmas, I decided I'll have an amazon wishlist and if anyone feels inclined to get me something, please make it a DVD. I don't care if it's a Blockbuster previously viewed or brand new. My lonely Japanese self will not care at all. So feel free to search under my full first and last name, or use my gmail address. www.amazon.ca

Tomorrow, it's back to work again. I can't believe my weekend is over already. I have to do my first prospective student interview. I hope I don't screw it up. *fingers crossed*
Anyways, I'm sleepy. I'm going to watch some Scrubs and called it a night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home