Thursday, September 08, 2005

One night left in Canada.

That feels endlessly strange to me. I'm packed. I forgot to pack my PB and Nutella. *sigh* I'm way too exhausted mentally to tackle that problem right now. Sewed my jeans. (Hey, it's MY blog, I know that's a boring detail, but it's my last night here. Cut me some slack.) Doing all the last minute stuff I swore I would not leave until this late. Such is life, though, so I'm not inclined to be upset about anything right now.

Except, of course, leaving. I keep feeling my eyes well up. I haven't cried in ages! It's like my tear ducts have launched a full scale attack on my emotional defenses. Everything I see, from the toilet to the stove, reminds me I won't see it tomorrow night. Or any night, for the next 365 days. Tonight (last night, really) was my last dinner, last dessert, last pj change, last sleep (yet to come)...

Spoke to my sister tonight. Mom and I are dense; we kept calling her, but got a machine. Apparently, we had the wrong number. (Who gets the wrong number for an HOUR!) We did finally realize our mistake, and I got to speak to her. She's an RA at Dalhousie University in Halifax, but she goes to NSCAD and takes photography/design. She had to get up and go to the hospital with one of her students this morning, poor girl. 4:00am!

Oh, to anyone I may have mentioned this to: that blog on JET that I mentioned can be found at
http://outpostnine.com/editorials/teacher.html The teacher's name is Azrael, and he's teaching in the region I'm headed for: Kansai. There are some of the most comically perfect stories I've ever read on his site. Take a peek if you get a chance.

Tummyache. Need sustinence. Had some Crispex... Delicious. I will miss those so much. It's getting so late. I'm finally feeling like I might sleep. that is a beautiful thought to me. Bliss. Maybe I'll write more later. But until then, I will miss you, fair Canadian countryside.

Don't forget me when I'm gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home