Friday, September 23, 2005

So.... I OFFICIALLY feel lost in translation!

I am consuming this weird plastic canned nut mixture, which includes what can only be described as genetically engineered cornuts. They're the size of nickels here. WEIRD.

Also, tonight I had my first KARAOKE experience in Japan. As a final sign off to the departing teacher, we went to a karaoke bar in the bulding. This is karaoke like they've never done back home, my friends, this is like a karaoke hotel! There are a maze of rooms you can rent, and then hang out, singing *generally off-key* renditions of popular hits... Fame, Man in the Mirror, Part-Time Lover, a bunch of Japanese songs, Kung Fu Fighting, YMCA... I sang "Killing Me Softly" by the Fugees (with some nice macho Wyclef immo by the departing teacher!) and "Cherish" by Madonna. It was actually more fun than I had anticipated. I was very nervous beforehand, and the drinks here are like water. Must be they think the Japanese get drunk damn-ass quickly. I am not Japanese. I had no Dutch courage before I grabbed the mic. (Haha. Shut up.)

Very tired, so going to bed now. Goodnight moon...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol it all sounds so very scarlett johannson and bill murray...that was my favourite scene in lost in translation (the karaoke party)...glad you had fun!

8:13 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home