Friday, January 27, 2006

Random temple, in Kobe...

Sitting at my old haunt, Seattle's Best Coffee, and sipping a chai latte. Oh, the memories.

Currently listening to my new favourite song, by Natasha Bedingfield, younger sis of Daniel.

"Unwritten"

I am unwritten, can't read my mind, I'm undefined
I'm just beginning, the pen's in my hand, ending unplanned

Staring at the blank page before you, open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

Oh, Oh

I break tradition, sometimes my tries, are outside the lines (yeah yeah)
We've been conditioned to not make mistakes, but I can't live that way (oh oh)

Staring at the blank page before you, open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten

Staring at the blank page before you, open up the dirty window
Let the sun illuminate the words that you could not find
Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins

Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins
The rest is still unwritten
The rest is still unwritten
The rest is still unwritten...


A small child just let out a blood-curdling, help me now scream. The amusing thing is that I'm in Japan, so I didn't even blink. Children here are HELLIONS. They have no sense of behaviour whatsoever. (Except for Tayo; he's an angel child.)

The sun is shining and I am smiling. Today, I left the apartment THREE times because I kept forgetting things. I had some money left from my last paycheck so I decided to transfer it to my account in Canada. Holy God in heaven, was that ever hard! I should've learnt Japanese. They probably thought I was a total idiot. Not to mention, I had to write some stuff IN Japanese, and my katakana, hiragana, and kanji are ALL ASS! Poor woman, probably thought I was a 6 year old.

I was thinking of the SOTTB last night, and wodnering where the bracelet is right now. It didn't really bring my any extra courage or anything, but I suppose I did survive my first few weeks here in Japan, so it served its purpose. I hope it is bringing bravery to my friends back in Canada.

Big plans for this weekend. We have Candice's welcome party on Saturday night. ("PLEASE COME!" Argh.) And then we have the monthly dance party occurring at Murphy's. Should be a bang-up evening. The next day, Ray, Jon, Candice and I are going to the Aquarium in Osaka. I've never been before, and supposedly, it has a whale shark.



Last week, my coworkers and I went to a "special" kind of bar called a "snack." (L-R: Michael, Jon, Lily, Candice) Drank lots of beer and shochu and stuff, so it was an itneresting evening for all involved. So much so that I felt very under the weather the next day at school! Oh well, you only live once!

Still annoyed by the result of the Canadian election, but maybe the Liberals cant throw some of the Conservatives dissolution tactics back in their faces and it might actually work, given the extremely weak minority government they've managed to form. Saw the lovely and immature and poorly thought out "baby factor" comment. Come on, Isaac, if you've got cahones, prove it. It's all fine and well to criticize a woman who clearly took the position after Mr. Shithead himself had descrated the PM chair in various ways. Ovaries are just ovaries. Testes are just tests. There is no good reason not to elect a woman. Except that if she makes mistakes, she'll be degraded, berated and bombared by criticism at least TWICE as much as any balding old fart of a man. And now, I digress.

BTW, Sima, I didn't catch K.C.'s comments about the election of S. Harper and the Conservatives? Maybe you could post it in the comments section?

As another aside, SMOKING sucks. Canada's whole movement toward bylaws in cities and public places is the BOMB. I'm in a cafe, and the air is a pretty blue colour. Life is not supposed to be like that! Could be worse, I am well aware. There are harder things than smokey air to endure in this life, but right now, screaming children and smokey cafes are my top concern.

Japan has turned me into a raging capitalist. If I don't come home with something new, I feel funny. Mostly gifts and stuff for birthdays, but all the same, I wish i could stop shopping altogether. The shoes here are too cute, though... Cute's an industry in Japan. Sanrio is the new God. Very very strange.

At any rate, it's now about an hour from my start up time and I have a few errands to run. A bientot, all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lily, I also love Natasha Bedingfield (way better than her annoying brother Daniel)..."Unwritten" is on the S.O.T.T.P. soundtrack...I should burn you a copy, it's great:)

love and miss you...

bird

11:55 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why do you always look so cheery in your pictures?

6:25 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home