Thursday, April 27, 2006

I would like to whine and moan and complain about the dire lack of posting on the JK's blog. However, I can't, because the lousy educated mofo's posted! Alas, I will have to write some sort of acceptable post myself.

Lately, I have been working at VTC. I have learned a lot working there actually, and given my lack of coordination and frustration with all things mechanical, I thought I would be terrible at this job. Surprise! I am actually pretty decent at what I am doing. I am especially effective at "handling" people. I work under the mantra that "angry people will be angry no matter what I do or say." I know that most grouchy folks (and I am generally among their masses) will be grouchy regardless of whether I smile, do my job quickly, and look cute, or not.

I have recently discovered the wonder that it is the podcast. I know, I know. I am behind the times and sorely behind the world. It's wicked, though. Last night, I discovered a show from BBC 4 called, "The Now Show." It's a comedy show, and it's bloody hilarious. I highly recommend it to anyone and everyone. It turns out you can get everything you need to make your day sparkly and spiffy in a podcast: news, comedy, music, high brow discussion of film, politics, hobbies, unsigned musicians... You name it, biatch (had to give Chapelle some love) you can find it in podcastland.

As an aside, have you ever noticed how the effectiveness of any given comedian is directly related to the level of connection made? If a comedian talks about stuff that has no bearing on my existence (for example, anything relating to any higher form of engineering), I don't find it all that amusing. Last night's little burst of comedic relief, however, brought up the issue of generic vs. brand name drugs. It outlined the dilemma we all feel at the drugstore when faced with buying a generic or a brand name. Do we really think we're getting something better in purchasing the overpriced, patentless gbrand name? How could we, they pondered, think that anything was different between the two small bottles. After all, it's a chemical compound, it's not really open to interpretation. Aside from sugar coated or gel type pills, I think they're right. I do enjoy my sugar coated Advil, though, even if it's no different than Life brand ibuprofen. Alas.

I am typing away here, while my father watches a programme on the Dayton Codebreakers. It never ceases to amaze me how arrogance can destroy. I would sya more, but my brain's a bit foggy right now.

The weather here has been absolutely glorious the past few days. Crisp, clear and sunny days. A bit of wind, but nothing unmanageable. I hope that it persists through the weekend, as I'm not working Saturday. It's tax time here in Canada, so dad is steadily getting everything ready to start it up tomorrow morning. (He gets up at 5am; the taxes stand no chance.)

At any rate, I am a bit tired. I'm going to call it a day, but will post again when I have something worthwhile to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home