Sunday, April 16, 2006

Update time. It is now Easter Sunday, and we just got home from a short drive around the area. I was looking to photograph a sunset, but my camera batteries died after I'd only taken a few shots, so sadly there aren't many to choose from. It's getting warmer and warmer, and the days grow longer, so that the sun was only just setting after 8:00pm.


We had a nice turkey dinner this evening, which was quite good, but small because it was just mom, dad and I. Emily is still out east in Halifax, even though she finished her exams on the 14th. As an RA, she doesn't get to leave until the bitter end!

I went to Ottawa this past week. I took an early 9:30am bus on Sunday morning, and arrived in Ottawa mid-afternoon. Took a cab to Emma's place, and we sat around talking for a few hours. It was nice to see her and catch up.
On Monday, I hung out with met up with Becca for coffee on campus. Everything was so different! They demolished the area where Oliver's used to be, and there was construction all over the place. It was pretty ugly. It felt quite strange being there when I wasn't on my way to class or to the library to study. Ran off to get myself a much needed haircut (last time I waited 5 months, and it was a disaster, so I only waited 2 this time... much better!) at Tluip's. Also had some Thai with Anderson at Sala Thai, which was delicious but I didn't feel great afterward. Watching "King Kong" which was much better than I expected.
Tuesday morning I met up with Brad for coffee at Bridgehead, which was awesome, and we even had lunch at the Arrow and Loon, our old beer and wings hangout. Managed to get my ass ready for the AKC Awards Dinner, and arrive on time. It was awesome, because Rick Mercer was there, receiving an award for public discourse.

Anyways, need some shut eye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home